Joe Raedle / Getty Images
Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal announced on Tuesday evening that he is dropping out of the GOP race for president.
"This is not my time. I've come to the realization that this is not my time. So I came here to announce that I'm suspending my campaign for president of the United States," Jindal said on Fox News' Special Report with Bret Baier.
After launching his campaign in June, Jindal struggled to gain traction in a crowded Republican field. Lagging in national polls, Jindal never participated in a prime time presidential debate and instead was relegated to the undercard stage.
In a statement released Tuesday evening, Jindal reiterated that now wasn't his time and said he would go back to work at the think tank he started, AmericaNext.
"One of the things I will do is go back to work at the think tank I started a few years ago - where I will be outlining a blueprint for making this the American century," Jindal said.
"I realize that our country is off on the wrong track right now. Everyone knows that, but don’t forget, this is still the greatest country in the history of the world – and every single one of us should start every day by thanking God that we are fortunate enough to be US citizens," Jindal said.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates and follow BuzzFeed News on Twitter.
Source BuzzFeed - Politics http://ift.tt/1kDilSl
0 comments:
Post a Comment