They’re about to get into some whisk-y business.
The Great Australian Bake Off begins in just under a month, and we've just found out about the first batch of bakers heading into the Bake Off arena this year.
LifeStyle Food
Angela
A truck driver from Melbourne, Angela has been competing at the Royal Melbourne Show since she was 4 years old and enters UP TO 40 CATEGORIES OF BAKE EVERY YEAR!
Both Angela's son and daughter have also won prizes at the RMS, proving baking is in her blood. "My son was the youngest person in the RMS's history to win a prize for the Open Sponge Cake - the 5th generation of my family to win the award." While not a competitive person, Ange sees the calibre of the other bakers as a way to raise her game.
LifeStyle Food
Ben
Ben's baking story is like a delicious remake of You've Got Mail. His interest in baking peaked while watched a documentary about macarons and celeb chef Adriano Zumbo. "I just couldn't make them, so I emailed Zumbo and he replied to me. A few emails went back and forth until I could make them properly."
A Mining Inventory Planner from QLD, Ben's determination will be something the other bakers will need to watch out for. "I want to prove to myself that I can bake... I don't see the point in baking something that everyone else can."
LifeStyle Food
Brendan
While Brendan works in IT Brisbane, baking has been part of his life since he was 6 years old. "I always wanted to be a chef and even once worked as a kitchen hand but couldn't get an apprenticeship," Brendan said. He then went on to study computer science at Uni, and has been working in that field since.
Away from his desk, Brendan spends hours in the kitchen each day which has obviously paid off considering in 2014 he was awarded 1st place at the Brissie Ekka for his handmade chocolates!
LifeStyle Food
via IFTTT
0 comments:
Post a Comment