Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Here's What Happens When You Give Up Coffee

What doesn’t kill you makes you want stronger coffee.

Charlotte Gomez for BuzzFeed

Hello, my name is Erin, and I'm addicted to caffeine (in particular, coffee).

I started drinking tea when I was 8 — my mom is very Irish, so a cup every day was normal — and by the time I got into middle school, I'd have coffee every morning. I was a little caffeine addict at the tender age of 12.

Since then, I can't remember a day when I've gone without coffee. I only wake up in the morning because there's coffee there, and I let it lull me back to life each afternoon at work when I really need it most. A typical day for me is two to three cups of the stuff, and I would drink more if I could.

But turns out, I can't have coffee, or caffeine. I recently discovered that I have an ulcer, and of all the things I temporarily have to give up (red wine, chocolate, tomatoes), coffee is by far the hardest one for me.

So since I ~had~ to follow the doctors' orders, this is my tale of the horrible, excruciating pain of the first week without coffee.

1. I could not, under any circumstances, have caffeine — including, but not limited to, coffee, tea, soda, espresso, or those tasty chocolate coffee beans.
2. I could have herbal tea, which has zero caffeine.
3. I could also smell or gaze upon coffee, just no touching.

Charlotte Gomez for BuzzFeed

Day 1: When my caffeine withdrawal shut down my entire body.

instagram.com


View Entire List ›


via IFTTT

0 comments:

Post a Comment