Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Trump, Who Says Not Insulting Politicians Was Smart Business, Insulted Politicians All The Time

Trump says he used to say nice things about politicians that he now denounces because he was a “smart businessman” and “needed their support to get projects done.” Here are some times he insulted politicians in his 2000 book.

Andrew H. Walker / Getty Images

While being questioned on Sunday about his past praise for politicians that he now condemns, Donald Trump repeated his assertion that he has said nice things about politicians in the past (Hillary Clinton, Jeb Bush, and Rick Perry to name a few) because he was a smart businessman.

"I was a business man all my life," Trump said on ABC's This Week. "I've made a tremendous fortune. I had to deal with politicians and I would contribute to them and I would deal with them and certainly I'm not going to say bad things about people because I needed their support to get projects done."

"So I say nice things about almost everybody and I contributed to people because I was a smart business man."

Trump says that, now that he's running for president, he's "somebody that wants to make our country great," "the tone is too weak." Hence, the barrage of insults to his political rivals.

In his 2000 book, The America We Deserve, however, Trump insults an array of politicians, including those he complements in other parts of the same book -- or sometimes even the same sentence.

Bill Clinton

Bill Clinton

Rick Odell / Getty Images


View Entire List ›



Source BuzzFeed - Politics http://ift.tt/1IFLkch

0 comments:

Post a Comment